A Day at the Bay 2012
Dear Sisters and Brothers in Christ,
Greetings from all of us at St. John @ The Bay Lutheran Mission at South Bass Island! In August, it will be eight years since our first worship service in the multi-purpose room of the Put-In-Bay school! It seems hard to believe!
St. John @ The Bay Lutheran Mission, a satellite ministry of St. John Lutheran Church in Port Clinton, engages in ministry to seasonal and year round residents, visitors, children and youth as well as the community of summer workers who come from various parts of the world to work at the many stores, resorts, bars and restaurants on South Bass Island.
It is with great joy and privilege that we invite the members of your congregation to visit us at Put-In-Bay for our third annual “A Day At The Bay” which will take place on Sunday, August 5, 2012! Bring your family to enjoy the many opportunities for relaxation and recreation that the island has to offer!
Here are the tentative plans that we are working on for “A Day At The Bay”:
• Discounted tickets for the Jet Express from Port Clinton ($24 per Adult/$9 per child 6-11)…time of departure from Port Clinton: 2:00pm. Or you can take the Miller Ferry from Catawba ($13 round trip…although it arrives about 2 miles from downtown).
• An Island Tour beginning at 4:30pm from the Perry’s Victory and International Peace Memorial Visitor’s Center!
• Visit the Perry’s Victory and International Peace Memorial Visitor’s Center (The monument may even be open by then…and they have a great visitor’s center)
• Other attractions include Lake Erie Islands Historical Museum, Perry’s Cave, Heineman Winery and Crystal Cave, The Butterfly House, Lake Erie Islands Nature and Wildlife Center! Check out www.visitputinbay.com for more information!
• Learn about our ministry at The Bay
• We’ll begin gathering at 5:30pm for food and conversation.
• We’ll gather at Mother of Sorrows church at 7pm.
• Pastor Marc Miller from the Northwestern Ohio Synod will be joining us for the day and will provide the message for worship that evening.
We plan on this being a fun-filled and enlightening day for everyone. We hope you will join us!
Please contact us if you would like more information! Please register your group and the number who will be attending by Monday, July 23 by calling or emailing us, so we can finalize our plans for you! (Those who respond by July 23 will get to eat first!!)
God’s peace to all,
Pastor Dan Keck
Pastor Jim Lehman
For more information, you may contact:
St.John@TheBay Phone Number 419.341.7216
Pastor Dan Keck 419.341.7216
Pastor Jim Lehman 419.734.5548
Leave a Reply